Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekends


On Thursday evening I thought it would be great if I focused on knitting the blanket and have it done.  Is it done?  Nope.  The weather was too nice for blanket knitting even with the AC on.  However, today isn't over yet. 

How are you?  How was your weekend?  Mine was stuffed with busy goodness.  Friday we had friends over for dinner which is always a great time.  Yesterday I did some watercolor painting in the afternoon after doing not much in the morning (I cannot remember).  Once Saturday evening Mass was over, we went to dinner at a local bar and grill. 


Today I rejiggered some yarn stash around.  I unearthed some half skeins and left overs of fingering weight yarns and plotted out a way to make the 3 color cowl.  If you're guessing I'm thinking of Christmas presents you are guessing correctly.  And I wanted to thin out the left overs.  Now the fun part will see if I have enough yarn to make three cowls.  I believe that pattern is forgiving and I'll be able to make whatever I have on hand work.


While I've been playing with the yarn stash, my husband has been working outside mulching and planting the front beds.  This afternoon I ran up to Lowes and scoured their clearance section for perennials.  I love that there are employees that overwater a plant just enough to make them look bad but they are perfectly fine to buy for $1.50 on clearance.  What a steal!

the rest of those bushes are toast (he's cutting them down)



The self imposed blanket deadline has been pushed back.  Maybe by the end of the week I'll be finished?   I'll be working on it each evening exclusively so that will help.



My cup of hot tea awaits, so tell me about your weekend!


Post a Comment

0 Comments