I'd like to begin by saying that even for accountants, doing your taxes... no fun.
I spent part of my Saturday doing that. And then because two things had arrived on Thursday I got to start playing around with my new kit!
First thing I opened was the bust of Pallas.
As you can tell from the bits and pieces it's plastic and requires assembly. I'll build it some sort of wooden base and paint it all the same color to get a stone effect.
The bust is sitting on top of the unopened kit.
So I got my books out and lined them up.
I'm a little odd in that I can't stand the thought of actually hurting old antique books. So I'll beat these up, distress them and make them look a bit more antique-ish. I've got a lot of books from my grandmother that are very old and they're all coming apart so at least I've got examples.
I'm testing the window and door placement.
I'm thinking of having the smaller window on the 'wall' kitty corner from the door. But nothing's finalized yet.
I started to glue all the pages together so I can cut them out and leave a 'roof' of the pages and hardcovers. My goal is to keep the room only eleven inches deep as that's the depth of my bookshelves. The ones where I keep another house.
I'll have to move some books around, but I think it can be done.
And of course, we can't forget, the Building Inspector is keeping an eye on my progress thus far.
I hope everyone else is having a great weekend! I'm excited, Keli is doing the contest this year, and Brae mentioned she's already got something in mind as well.
This is going to be such a fun year. I can't wait to see!

0 Comments