Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

REALITY

This morning as I sat here in my comfortable chair, in my cozy apartment, watching the early sunshine play across the leaves of my plant I thought about reality.


Do you remember the movie Reality Bites? Well sometimes reality does bite, but at other times our reality is pretty okay. Most of the time reality is a mixed bag of good and bad. 

I think what prompted me to think about reality was my early morning walk today. The sun was rising in a clear sky as I set out, the sound of the cicadas was soothing, and there was a sense of well being in the air.


My reality was good. 

When I crossed the street I noticed this plastic bag and pillow, which were apparently left by a homeless person.


It was a stark reminder that not everyone has the same reality that I have. Not everyone has a warm bed in a cozy safe home where they can lay there head at night. I wondered about the reality of this unknown person. 

As I walked on I drank in my surroundings. I paused here and there to take a photograph and I called out a hello to a fellow walker as we maintained a safe distance. 



It was then that I saw her, lying so still on the grass of the church across from my apartment. My reality once again shifted. Was she okay? Was she just sleeping? I wondered about her reality. Is her reality ever good these days? 



The reality is that the homeless population is growing. Their reality is very bleak compared to mine. Their reality bites.

There are things that each of us can do to help the homeless. Go here  to a link for some ideas. 

I hope your reality is a good one today,



Post a Comment

0 Comments