Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lazy Kitchen #2: Low-Fat Broccoli and Cheese Soup



I've never made soup before and I was scared to try but yesterday I was craving broccoli and cheese soup and didn't want to buy something that would be 600 calories per serving.

I made this and it was SO DIVINE that I had to stop myself from eating the whole batch.

Even Gabe inhaled it... but its not Paleo (the flour and the SKIM milk) but don't tell him that.

The recipe is from Skinnytaste and I replaced the fat free milk with condensed fat free milk because i like my soups creamy.

It was a messy project in my kitchen... esp since i don't have an immersion blender and had to throw half the soup into the regular blender to smooth it at the end, but it was mostly worth it even if my neglected kids thought it was poison.

On a side note.. on one hand, when i just cook nuggets and plain pasta my kids are happier cuz i have more time to play with them, but then i have a pissy husband. on the other, when i cook real food, the kids think its poison and they are pissy because i'm not playing with them, but my husband is happy. everyday its like a choice between pissing off the kids or the husband. the kids usually win.

Anyway, here's your recipe, courtesy of SkinnyTaste: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/12/broccoli-cheese-and-potato-soup.html?m=1


Post a Comment

0 Comments