Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

art, camera, and a selfie


This was a long tiring unsatisfying week in the shop this week. Suffice to say I didn't make as much progress as I intended and I was dissatisfied with what I did get done.

Not sure which was the cause and which was the reaction.

                                  

etched side of the finished panel

We're still really busy and I am grateful for all the work but I'm not finding any time to work on the Botanicas.

Today I am trying to get an entry for Craft Texas in as the deadline is tomorrow. I'm bogged down on the artist's statement.

Also, this coming week I have to ready my submission for the invitational show at the Art Museum of South Texas. I decided to submit, as one of my entries, a small grouping of the Botanica Eroticas, one large and three smalls. To this end, I have finally decided on how to mount them for hanging. I had some very shallow 'shadow boxes' made, which will allow me to either hang them on the wall or allow them to lay on a table or shelf.



I also had some stainless steel 'invisible' mounts constructed that would be siliconed onto the backs of the pieces so that they would hang/float off the wall but I'm a little nervous about using those for the these as the the glass blocks are so heavy. Plus I really like the way the black box frames the pieces without obscuring the sides. I'll use the invisible mounts for some future pieces that aren't so heavy.


So I finally found out about my Canon camera which I sent off for repair after it fell out of my jacket pocket when I was taking it off, fell only a couple of feet onto a wood floor and 90% of the functions quit working. It was supposed to be under warranty, being only 6 months old, but they were going to charge me $95 to repair it, or rather send me a new one since they don't repair these models, only replace, because I told them I dropped it and if you drop it, the warranty is void.

When I complained about the quality of a camera that became totally dysfunctional after falling only a couple of feet, the customer service lady told me to hold on while she would see what she could do since there was no damage to the case.

This is me being a little annoyed while on interminable hold.

They've agreed to replace the camera at no charge as a one time courtesy, which is a good thing as I would not have paid the charge to replace it and it would have been the last Canon camera I bought.



Post a Comment

0 Comments