We have lots of pretty snow here in Vermont. It is so peaceful and pleasant. Our wood stove is roaring and keeping our home cozy. I love to get up early in the morning and putter around the house. I love to look out the window, while it is still dark and just take my time welcoming a new day.
I usually sit in my favorite chair, near the hearth, and read, while sipping on hot chocolate. Somehow, I become cheerful and happy and patient! This makes it easy to face the day and all it's trials.
Mr. White woke up early and we sat at the table and talked about dreams. We love to discuss our old house and the kinds of projects we'd like to do. But I look at the ripped linoleum in our kitchen and see the walls that need painting and I am content. Why change anything? I love this humble place!
Soon the children will be awake. I am looking around me and I see clean and tidy! I love to wake up to a neat home! There is nothing for me to do, but read and wait for the children to come smiling into the room!
I hope you have a lovely day of happiness!
Blessings
Mrs. White
Are you feeling sad? - Acting Happy to Cheer Up!
A Little Visit - Homeschooling Today at the White House
Just for Fun - A Housewife's Day at Home
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

0 Comments